Sometimes everyday preparedness is having a meal that is easy to prepare. And if you have the standard preparedness pantry, you have ample cans of cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup on hand – staples for building any hot dish, I believe it is casserole for the rest of the world.
You Will Need:
- A bag of tater tots
- A can of cream of mushroom or chicken
- A can of green beans or ?
- Hamburger, or a pound or whatever.
- Onion if available.
- Cheese to sprinkle on top.
- Salt, pepper, or season to taste – garlic salt, etc.
- Brown hamburger, mix with soup of choice and vegetable.
- Put tater tots on bottom and top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or so.
This is easy to make, even when the electric is out. I’ve done it on a cast iron pot on a Deadwood Stove. Or a regular camp stove. Or after browning the meat, bank your coals and put the pot in the coals.
There is nothing like a hot meal to make life look better!