Thought I’d share this with my friends…”Zucchini-Yellow Squash Ribbons”.
You Will Need:
- 1 large yellow squash
- 1 medum zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced onions (or sliced if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers (or sliced if you prefer)
- 1 Tblsp. real butter
- 2 Tblsp. coconut oil
- 1 Tblsp. crushed cilantro
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Take your potato peeler and begin to “strip” the squash and zucchini, all the way down to the seed part. This will create long “ribbons”.
- In large skillet, put butter & oil and melt gently (don’t burn!)
- Add your “ribbons”…and then your onions, your peppers and cilantro.
- Cook on low heat until everything is soft & tender and a bit brown.
- Then add your salt & pepper
Works wonderful as a side, or if you want, put over rice.
We just love it!