Top 5 Vegetables to Plant this Spring
By Wyzyrd, Editor-At-Large
1) Radishes – First crop to germinate, grows crazy-fast, eat the young sprouts, eat the radishes, leave some in the ground to generate a T. Rex-size amount of green compostable material by Fall.
2) Parsley – Healthful, delicious – don’t pull it out in the Fall – it’s a biennial. Tastes BETTER 2nd year and will self seed, it you let it. Ed. Note, I believe Wyzyrd is zone 5 or 6.
3) Upland Cress – This stuff tastes wonderful, and appears to grow on any soil better than concrete.
4) Onions/garlic/chives – You can never have too many onions.
5) Kale – Healthful as all get-out. Plant early, plant more in late summer for late Fall crop.
© 2013, Seasoned Citizen Prepper. All rights reserved. On republishing this post you must provide link to original post.