This is easy, delicious and NOT deep fried!
- sweet potatoes (skin-on) washed and cut into ‘french fry’ size
- ground cumin
- cracked black pepper
- kosher salt to taste
My family would throw me out if I didn’t bring these to every holiday gathering.
- Cut cleaned sweet potatoes into french fry shape. A mandoline or french-fry cutter can make this part easier.
- Place fries in a large Ziploc bag, sprinkle with cumin and toss to coat.
- Add oil to coat.
- Refrigerate at least overnight. 2 days is better.
- When ready, lay out on a sheet pan and roast at about 375° for about 25 minutes. Surfaces should be browned and crunchy. Season with salt and pepper while still hot. CapnHarlock’s Herbal Hot Sauce is the perfect condiment to serve with these.