Daylight Savings Time is Here Again!
By Bev Sandlin
As a prepper, the wonderful thing about twice a year time changes is that it nudges, or shoves, me into a new rotation cycle!
It is time to change the batteries in the smoke alarms, check the charge on the fire extinguishers, it is spring cleaning or fall cleaning, depending on the time of year, and it is preparedness supplies rotation time!
Some things to consider:
- Rotating your water to a fresh supply.
- Checking your stored pantry goods and being sure that the newest purchases are the last used.
- If you are anywhere but Minnesota (where we are still under at least a foot of snow), you may want to change out your car bags for lighter summer wear as opposed to parkas and snow boots.
- Consider any seasonal changes you may need to adjust in your emergency preparedness—changing from heating to cooling?
- Is it time to rotate your gas reserves?
Okay, I’ve started the list, can you help me fill it out?
© 2013, Seasoned Citizen Prepper. All rights reserved. On republishing this post you must provide link to original post.