There are all kinds of companion planting books and charts out there you can buy or download, but for my purposes I just want to know what NOT to plant (because one, the other or both will fail as a crop) within 4′ of one another.
This reminders are helpful to keep in mind as you create your garden layout. Getting companion planting right could improve your production and minimize maintenance.
Well, here you are. This should go into your Survival Binder:
- Beans HATE garlic, onions, peppers and sunflowers.
- Corn Hates tomatoes.
- Onions Hate beans, peas and sage.
- Cucumbers Hate aromatic herbs, melons and potatoes.
- Peppers & Radishes Hate beans and kohlrabi.
- Cabbage Hates broccoli, cauliflower, strawberries and tomatoes.
- Carrots Hate anis, dill and parsley.
- Lettuce Hates broccoli.
- Tomatoes Hate broccoli, brussell sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, corn, kale and potatoes.
For more info, HERE is the Wiki article about this form of polyculture.