Car Alarms as defense, offense and for personal safety.
Quote of the Day
“Our defense is in the preservation of the spirit which prizes liberty as a heritage of all men, in all lands, everywhere. Destroy this spirit and you have planted the seeds of despotism around your own doors.”
Take Your Car Keys to Bed with You
By Bev Sandlin
Way back when, before there were car alarms, 3 blasts of a vehicle horn on the homestead meant “Come a runnin’! EMERGENCY.” It could be animals out or wounded, you crawled back to the vehicle with a sprained ankle and needed help, stuck in a snow bank (again), fire, whatever. But you had to be able to get to the vehicle first.
This showed up in my email box and made so much sense that I have to share it with you!
A smile for you…
Military Common Sense Rules
A lot of life’s problems can be explained by the U.S. Military and its applications of common sense…
1. “Sometimes I think war is God’s way of teaching us geography.”
2. “A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what’s left of your unit.”
(Army’s magazine of preventive maintenance).
3. “Aim towards the Enemy.”
(Instruction printed on US M79 Rocket Launcher)
4. When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend.
(U.S. Marine Corps)
5. Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs always hit the ground.
(U.S. Air Force)
6. If the enemy is in range, so are you.
7. It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed.
(US Air Force Manual)
8. Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.
9. Try to look unimportant; they may be low on ammo.
10. You, you, and you . . . Panic. The rest of you, come with me.
(Marine Gunnery Sergeant)
11. Tracers work both ways.
(US Army Ordnance)
12. Five second fuses only last three seconds.
13. Don’t ever be the first, don’t ever be the last, and don’t ever volunteer to do anything.
(US Navy Seaman)
14. Bravery is being the only one who knows you’re afraid.
15. If your attack is going too well, you have walked into an ambush.
16. No combat ready unit has ever passed inspection.
17. Any ship can be a minesweeper… once.
18. Never tell the Platoon Sergeant you have nothing to do.
(Unknown Marine Recruit)
19. Don’t draw fire; it irritates the people around you.
20. Mines are equal opportunity weapons.
(Army Platoon Sergeant)
21. If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn’t plan your mission properly.
22. Your job is to kill the other person before they kill you so that your national leaders can negotiate a peace that will last as long as it takes the ink to dry.
23. In the Navy, the Chief is always right.
(Written on the door into the Chiefs quarters)
© 2012, Seasoned Citizen Prepper. All rights reserved. On republishing this post you must provide link to original post.