What follows is just one part of an ongoing survival fiction series written by John Rourke and has been published on Amazon. It is being made available here for free. A new entry is published every day. The story is written in a daily journal format.
June 27th Things are heating up…….
Enjoying my time off from work, however spent most of the day in front of the TV watching Fox News after a few errands this morning.
There was some kind of chemical spill along the Mexican border between the city of Nuevo Laredo in Mexico and Laredo Texas. News is somewhat sketchy however several miles along the border have been evacuated. Many people were killed and sickened as whatever was released was carried by the wind – apparently. Details are few. There are rumors that a terrorist cell was trying to smuggle some chemical/biological agent into the United States and something went wrong. With what is going on in the rest of the world along with the Charleston nuke finding – enough to make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.
At lunch time I went for a ride on my mountain bike on a few light trails – great exercise. Spent a lot of money on the bike but just do not ride often enough. I did have in the back of my mind that it would be a good secondary “survival” vehicle.
Talked to Diane on the phone for awhile. She said she wanted us to take a weekend trip WITH THE KIDS. I have met them but she is very protective, which I understand. This is a good sign for “us”.
As for the errands this morning – picked up a few supplies:
- Several tarps of different sizes at Northern Tools
- Bought 500 rounds of .223 PMC at Nichols Store. They are usually on the expensive side but they had a special sale going on.
- 20 gallons of spring water in jugs
- Extra set of FRS/GMRS radio’s
- 5 gallons of Clorox bleach
- 4 large cases of toilet paper
- Picked up a local map of Rock Hill, York, and Chester
- Filled up all of my propane tanks
- 100 packs of various vegetable seeds from the Dollar Store – price was 10 for $1.00. Eric gives these to customers of his raised bed gardening business.
UPS delivered some spare magazines I ordered from Brownell’s.
© 2013, Seasoned Citizen Prepper. All rights reserved. On republishing this post you must provide link to original post.