What follows is just one part of an ongoing survival fiction series written by John Rourke and has been published on Amazon. It is being made available here for free. A new entry is published every day. The story is written in a daily journal format.
June 26th Taking time off from work…….
Took the rest of the week off from work – used vacation time. Spent much of today working in the garden and organizing my prep’s. Eric did a couple of raised beds and I gave him all of the profit. He went and opened a savings account which hopefully is a sign of positive things to come from him. Went and bought several additional totes and started separating items such as cooking, first aid, tools, winter supplies, etc. Labeled everything for easy access.
Always been concerned that if the SHTF how would my community make it or would I be on my own. I know a few of the neighbors – some better than others:
- Mark and Jessica live across the street. They are not preppers in any way and have a little 5 year old girl. Good people. I am good friends with Mark.
- Jillian and Ryan live up the street. Do not know them very well but I know Ryan was in the military.
- Bill and Kerri seem to be good people. Have gone over to their house a few times on cookouts. Bill is a correctional officer at the local Justice Center and is familiar with firearms. I also know he has some martial arts experience. They also have two teenage daughters.
- Paul and Michelle are a few doors down and have a nice garden every year. Michelle is a teacher.
- Next door neighbors Thomas and Charlene are quiet and independent people. I talk to Thomas once in a while. He grew up in the country and hunts often and has had a garden almost every year.
- Mike and Jennifer live on the other side of the neighborhood. I used to work with Mike years ago at the local airport. They have six kids and a lot of family in the area.
That’s about it. Trying to be totally on my own I do not think is realistic.
© 2013, Seasoned Citizen Prepper. All rights reserved. On republishing this post you must provide link to original post.