What follows is just one part of an ongoing survival fiction series written by John Rourke and has been published on Amazon. It is being made available here for free. A new entry is published every day. The story is written in a daily journal format.
July 2nd Made it home…….
Finally got home at 2:00pm today. Eric was OK. Along the entire trip most all area’s were without power but not all. Was able to get some news on the radio.
- Most people are calling in sick for all jobs. With the power out many businesses are closed anyways. People are staying home to be with their families.
- The attack is a little over 24 hours old and crime is spreading already. On the radio they said stores were wiped out of food, water and other essentials. People are panicking and police are being called to deal with violent and unhappy customers.
- There are reported shootings and rapes throughout the country. Low-life’s are taking advantage of law enforcement getting spread so thin. I wonder how bad it is already in the big cities that have survived.
- Radio is reporting that the government – or what is left of it – is instituting curfews throughout…..South Carolina at least. Not sure of the rest of the country. Citizens must be off the streets from dusk till dawn. They are trying to get control over the lawlessness.
- Still more talk of some other non-nuclear attacks including chemical weapons. Nothing specific.
M is doing OK. We talked a lot on the road. We finally talked about “us” and what happened after graduation. Turns out she always wondered the same thing I did – “What happened?” Bottom line is we were just kids. I could tell through all the turmoil and stress that there was still a connection. We discussed preparedness and she felt reassured when I told her about my preps.
Eric did a good job with the house while I was away. He had loaded up a Remington 870 Tactical shotgun and stood guard watching the front and back. He was scared.
I have got to get some sleep. I am going to pray for this country and all those innocent people killed yesterday and those that are struggling to survive. How many thousands have died? It’s difficult to comprehend.
© 2013, Seasoned Citizen Prepper. All rights reserved. On republishing this post you must provide link to original post.