What follows is just one part of an ongoing survival fiction series written by John Rourke and has been published on Amazon. It is being made available here for free. A new entry is published every day. The story is written in a daily journal format.
July 12th A world in turmoil…….
Next to the night The Event happened, I have never felt so uneasy. The scanner Ted gave us brought forth news that is both incredible and terrifying all at once.
Here is what we have so far:
- United States military forces are at war overseas. The United States nuked Iran and North Korea. They apparently were largely responsible for the attack on the United States. Forces are patrolling and continue to engage these two countries. Other Muslim countries such as Pakistan have taken up for Iran and are getting involved.
- Most all domestic military forces have disbanded and returned home to their families.
- Canada, Israel, and England are on our side. Israel and England are dealing with some of their own issues as well and apparently assisted in the attack on Iran.
- Germany is staying independent and says they are sitting this one out.
- I am not sure the exact reason – but the United States right after The Event nuked China. China returned with a very limited response and all of their nuclear missiles were brought down prior reaching the United States. China went from over a billion people to less than 500 million from the estimates given. I am guessing China was targeted for a reason?
- Cities across the United States are in absolute chaos. Massive amounts of crime, little to no law enforcement response, murder, rapes, kidnappings – terrible. Apparently we are very lucky to have made it thus far so “easy”. People have no food, no water. Medical facilities have been overwhelmed, especially those anywhere near where the nuclear bombs went off. Desperation is traveling across the United States like a tidal wave.
- It is reported that radiation danger is minimal and mostly localized to the denotated cities.
If the people in this community needs something else to motivate them – this should be it.
© 2014, Seasoned Citizen Prepper. All rights reserved. On republishing this post you must provide link to original post.