Share, write, have fun with a Community of Preppers.
Quote of the Day
“Volunteerism gives you a high that’s legal and doesn’t require a condom.” – Nancy Lublin
A Sharing, Caring Community of Preppers
By Bev Sandlin
Our Mission Statement:
SeasonedCitizenPrepper.com is a site devoted to the older prepper that believes in prudent, practical preparedness. Self-reliance, frugal living, and faith are the cornerstones of this site. Our goal is to facilitate sharing of knowledge among our subscribers in order to build a sense of community.
This week with SCP has been very edifying for me. All of the wonderful comments! You ARE reading! I felt for the first time that sense of community that Rourke and I are trying to build with this website.
A community is all about sharing! And before you say that you don’t know enough about prepping, this site is about living! Until a year ago, I had never heard the term “prepping”. I am a simple homesteader—which is living the preparedness lifestyle, I have come to find out! Yes, I can not only raise the bacon, but I can butcher it, smoke it, and cook it!
Rourke is running 3 or 4 other websites. And until what, 3 months ago I didn’t even know what “blogging” was! When Rourke asked me to blog for this site, I had to look it up on Wikipedia! I help with the writing on this site, but Lordy, it has got to get B-O-R-I-N-G reading me all the time!
PLEASE consider what you can add to this community!?
I’ve had requests for more alternative energy, health, off-grid and gardening articles—just in the last week! By the way, questions are welcome and I will try to find the answers!
Do you can and have some great, or very basic, recipes you can share? A how-to on water bath and pressure cooker techniques?
We are all online, any funny or informative forwards?
Money stretching recipes?
Jokes or great quotes to share?
How do you occupy the grandkids?
What about pictures? Kids and critters are always cute! Gardens?
Did you see a neat YouTube video that you could share with us? For that matter, can someone tell me how to navigate YouTube?! I cannot seem to figure it out!
What about interesting articles from other sites? Just drop us a line at scprepper(at)outlook.com.
Want to win something? Consider writing an article for our sister site, Modernsurvivalonline.com Then Rourke can repost it over here. A new writing contest will be starting February 1st.
If everyone who stops by and reads SCP contributed just one time a year with a how-to article, a bit of wisdom, a joke, a quote, a best buy, even a picture of the grandkids building a cardboard submarine (Ingenuity with less!), what a blessing it would be!
So, please SHARE!
A smile for you…
- What do you call an early AM volunteer? …A DewSomething
- You don’t volunteer.. You’re volunTOLD.
- Community Service: isn’t just for celebrity convicts.
- Noah’s Ark was built by volunteers. The Titanic was built by professionals.
- Volunteers: you can still be one and dislike the University of Tennessee!
- There are two kinds of people in this world. People who do the work, and the people who get the credit for it.
- Volunteering: we don’t pay, so no, you can’t quit.
- A volunteer offers to help out at a community farm. Little did she know that she would be mucking a filthy sheep stall. After two hours of toil, she looks down dismayed at her filthy jeans and boots, the farmer in charge casually sees her and says, “What did you expect? Sheep happens.”
- Volunteering is the time without the crime. Community Service on the other hand…
- A Red Cross Volunteer and a lawyer died and went up to the heavenly gates. Saint Peter tells the volunteer to wait a little while, and lets the lawyer in first. As the gates close on the volunteer, he sees the lawyer greeted with fanfare! Music erupts, cheers are had. A choir of angels descend from above, and sing of joyous hallelujah for the lawyer. Finally, the great Lord Himself makes himself present, and gives a personal greeting and warm welcome to the lawyer. Things begin to die down, and the lawyer wanders off to enjoy his eternity in heaven.
As the last angel floats away, Saint Peter finally grants entrance to the volunteer. There is no music, no choir. The last of the crowd are leaving now. Confused, the volunteer looks to Peter for an explanation.
“Oh, we get volunteers in here all the time. This was our first lawyer.”
© 2013, Seasoned Citizen Prepper. All rights reserved. On republishing this post you must provide link to original post.